Thank you for you interest in
Senior Showcase: Art After 55.
- Open to Residents of Delaware County aged 55+. This is a juried art show.
- You may enter up to 3 pieces of your original art work created within the last 3 years.
Please do not enter art work that was exhibited in the 2018 Senior Showcase.
- 2D Categories: Painting, Drawing, Photography, Computer Art, Mixed Media.
3D Categories: Ceramics, Sculpture, Jewelry, Fiber, Metal/Wood/Glass/Stone.
Awards will be given to the top three placings in both categories as well as the BEST OF SHOW.
$10 to enter one piece, $20 for two or three pieces. Please include payment with entry form. Paypal, credit card or check made out to The Arts Castle.
NEW THIS YEAR:
All the award winners’ artwork will also be on display at the Delaware County District Library Orange Branch from July 1-30, 2020, then will move to Willow Brook at Delaware Run Aug 4-30, 2020
PLEASE do not submit your original art works until you have been notified that it has been accepted after the jurying process.
SALE OF ARTWORK:
The Arts Castle will collect payments from clients for art work sold during the exhibit. The Arts Castle will retain 30% of the price of the work and will remit the remainder to the artist 10-14 business days following the close of the exhibit.
The Arts Castle will carry “property of others” insurance on items received through the day of pick-up on June 28, 2020. Winning pieces on display at DCDL and Willow Brook will be covered respectively by their insurance. However, The Arts Castle, Willow Brook, The Delaware County District Library, and their affiliates are not liable for loss or damage of exhibit items and/or owner property. Any loss, damage or theft not covered by insurance will be completely borne by the owner/artist.
ALL ENTRIES MUST BE RECEIVED BY 5pm ON FRIDAY, March 6, 2020
Send your completed entry form, an artist’s statement and images of up to three original art works.
SIZE & WEIGHT:
If a work of art weighs more than 50 pounds, or is larger than 36”x48”, including the frame, or if you have questions, please contact Paula Blosser or Sara Kennedy at firstname.lastname@example.org.
I hereby authorize The Senior Showcase to use, re-use, and/or disclose, without compensation to me, images of any works exhibited for Senior Showcase purposes, including publicity, marketing, and advertising.
I understand that Senior Showcase may use this in various media, including but not limited to mailings, brochures, television, video, film, emails, and on social media. I further understand that such use may cause my image to appear in newspaper articles or television, radio or internet news stories. I waive anyright to approve any material in which The Arts Castle may eventually use this image. I hereby release The Arts Castle, Willow Brook and The Delaware County District Library from any and all liability related to or resulting from the use and dissemination of this image. I understand that my agreement to this authorization and release is voluntary.
- March 6, 5:00pm, All entries must be received
- March 23, Those accepted to participate in the show will be notified.
- April 25, 1:00-4:00pm Art drop off
- May 2, 6:30-8:00pm Reception at The Arts Castle.
- May 2-June 27, M-F, 9am-5pm Showcase Exhibit will be on display at Arts Castle
- July 1-30 Winners will be displayed at Orange Library
- Aug 4 -30 Winners will be displayed at Willow Brook.
- June 28, 1:00-4:00pm Pick up for all work, except winners.
- September 1, 2:00-4:00pm Pick up for awarded artwork @ Willow Brook
We would like to send a huge thank you to the partners of the 2020 Senior Showcase: