Thank you for considering The Arts Castle as a possible setting for your upcoming event. This historical and unique venue is one you and your guests will thoroughly enjoy.
- Building Information
- Rental & Cancellation Policies
- Rental Requests
- General Rental Policy Information
The two main gathering spaces available for rental are the 1st floor Parlor/Library and the 2nd floor Ballroom. A chairlift is available for those who are mobility impaired.
Maximum occupancy rates are as follows:
Parlor/Library (336 sq. ft.)
Ballroom (1,000 sq. ft.)
2nd Floor Kitchen
- Entire Building
Full Day (up to 12 hours) $750+$500 Deposit
Half Day (up to 4 hours) $375+$500 Deposit
Full Day (up to 12 hours) $500+$250 Deposit
Half Day (up to 4 hours) $250+$250 Deposit
Full Day (up to 12 hours) $200+$75 Deposit
Half Day (up to 4 hours) $100+$75 Deposit
Full Day (up to 12 hours) $80
Half Day (up to 4 hours) $40
- Piano $25 (located in the Parlor and Music Studio)
- Custodial Services $15/hour (Applies during non-office hours.)
- Opening/Closing Castle $30 (Applies during non-office hours.)
- Available at no extra charge are:
- 12 6-foot rectangular tables
- 12 round tables (48″ diameter top fitted over card tables)
- 109 cushioned folding chairs
- Dining room table with 6 chairs
Rental Policy Information
All renters (organizations, groups or individuals) must abide by the following rules and policies or risk the loss of deposit or cancellation of their event with loss of rental fee:
- All renters should confine their event to areas within the building, unless prior arrangements are made. Rental events must never interrupt or disturb the regular functions and activities of The Arts Castle.
- The renter assumes responsibility for the welfare of the facility during the rental period, and is liable for any damages to the property or its contents.
- The sale of alcoholic beverages is prohibited, but renters may serve them to their guests.
Smoking, open flames and candles are not permitted anywhere inside the building.
- Equipment is not to be “borrowed” or taken from the building, nor is it to be moved from room to room without prior arrangements or permission.
- The Arts Castle staff will handle general set-up and take-down of the required equipment, unless other arrangements are made in advance.
- Any artwork on display in The Arts Castle must never be moved, removed or covered up.
- Use of nails, staples, thumbtacks or any other materials that could damage the walls or floors is prohibited. Instead, we encourage freestanding displays.
- Renters are responsible for general cleanup after the event. All Arts Castle rooms and grounds must be left clean and orderly. Trash must be bagged and tied and left in the kitchen for disposal.
- The renter is responsible for the cleanup of the kitchen if it is also rented and should meet with the custodian at least two weeks prior to their event for information regarding cleaning supplies, equipment and procedures.
- Generally, dishes, equipment, utensils, food and supplies in the kitchen cabinets are the property of The Arts Castle and not to be used without prior permission.
- The Arts Castle cannot take responsibility for accepting or storing food or equipment prior to your rental period. Please arrange for any deliveries to be made during that time.
- The first floor of The Arts Castle is easily accessible to those with disabilities. The second floor is accessible by chair lift.
- While The Arts Castle may be rented during any time of day, the building must be closed and locked at midnight. Please plan on having general evening event cleanup completed by that time.
- The fire escape off the Ballroom is for emergency use only, by order of the fire marshal.
- A deposit is required at the time of signing the rental agreement. No rental is guaranteed until the office receives a signed agreement and appropriate deposit.
- If a cancellation is received prior to one month before the scheduled event, 80% of the deposit will be refunded.
- Deposits are refunded one week after the function if general rental rules are followed and no damage is sustained to the building.
- One half of the rental fee is due one month before the event, with the balance due two weeks before the rental date.